Privacy & Disclaimer
- The Helena May complies with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong. For information about this ordinance, you may wish to visit the official website of the Office of the Privacy Commission http://www.pco.org.hk.
- The Helena May uses security technology to ensure that all personal and transactional information is protected to the highest standards.
Your Personal Data
- We may collect a very limited amount of your Personal Data. Any Personal Data collected from you will only be used for the specific purposes mentioned at the time of collection.
- Your Personal Data may also be used for sending you details of services or information which we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive such material, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will retain your Personal Data only for so long as it is necessary for fulfilling the purposes for which it was collected.
- Your Personal Data will generally be kept confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent. Your Personal Data may be disclosed where we are required to do so by law.
Your Right of Access
You are entitled to check whether we hold data about you and to have access to that data. If any of the data is incorrect or inaccurate, you have the right to correct or update it. Request for access to or to correct Personal Data should be addressed to The Helena May at email@example.com.
- “Cookies” are small text files that are created by some websites to a user’s hard drive while that user is browsing the web site.
The Helena May premises uses CCTV for security purposes.
The Helena May reserves the right to, at any time and without prior notice, add to, amend, or remove material from the website or/and alter the presentation, substance, or functionality of the website.
Links to and from the Website
Some links on The Helena May’s website may take a user to other sites and a user acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of any Information provided by linked websites, including but not limited to web-providers of services related to the functionality of member for dining reservations and member activities.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights subsisting in respect of the website belong to us or have been lawfully licensed to us for use on the website. All rights under applicable laws are hereby reserved. Except with prior written permission from The Helena May, a user are not allowed to download, upload, post, publish, reproduce, transmit or distribute in any way, any component of the website including partial use of any content or create derivative works with respect thereto, as the website is copyrighted under applicable laws to The Helena May.
- The Helena May reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel events, amend itineraries of the events, and change the destination or the level of endurance (for walks) or the leaders of the activities at any time without prior notice.
- The Helena May cannot be held responsible for any changes to programming that are beyond our control.
- For outings, participants join the activities entirely at their own risk and, save for personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, neither The Helena May nor the activity leaders shall, in any way, be responsible to the participants for any injury or damages caused to the participants or their personal property.
Social Media Disclaimer
- The opinions and or views expressed on The Helena May social media platforms, including, but not limited to, our blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube pages, and our website, represent the thoughts of individual bloggers and online communities, and not those necessarily of The Helena May or its affiliates or any of their respective employees, or members.
- The opinions and views expressed on these pages do not in any way reflect the views of The Helena May, its affiliates or the staff involved with maintaining the website or any members of the website team.
- While The Helena May endeavours to make reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on its social media platforms, we do not moderate all comments and cannot always respond in a timely manner to online requests for information.
- The Helena May reserves the sole right to review, edit and/or delete any comments it deems as inappropriate. Comments including but not limited to the following may be deleted or edited by the moderators with prior notice:
- Abusive or derogatory comments on the social media handles of The Helena May
- Off‐topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages, websites, organisations, and programs not related to or affiliated with the Club)
- Comments that use foul language or “hate speech” (for example, including but not limited to racial, ethnic or gender bashing language)
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e., making negative personal or untrue comments about a member), criticising posting, opinion, or comments
User Conduct on the Website
As a condition of the use of the website, a user may not : –
- trespass, break into, access, use or attempt to trespass, break into, access or use any other parts of our servers, and/or any data are as for which a user have not been authorised by The Helena May;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the website;
- post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, offensive, or otherwise objectionable or unreasonable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or foreign law;
- post or transmit any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or schemes or other unsolicited commercial communication, or engage in spamming or flooding;
- post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, trojan horse, worm or other harmful component;
- post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way exploit any information obtained through the website for commercial purposes; or
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, any component of the website itself or any information obtained through the Site which is protected by copyright, or other proprietary right, or create derivative works with respect thereto, without The Helena May’s prior written permission.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information will be collected from users only with their consent. This process involves the use of “cookies” which allow The Helena May to identify users when they visit the Site. Personal information will also be collected if users submit information through the Site.